By using the ucareapp.com web site (“Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
UCare reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your account. While UCare prohibits such conduct and content on the Service, you understand and agree that UCare cannot be responsible for the content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. UCare cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Customers may access their UCare account data via an API (Application Program Interface). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product that accesses UCare, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that UCare shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if UCare has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to UCare via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. UCare, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. UCare will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension.
- UCare reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your access to the API (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only Australian (federal or state) taxes.
Cancellation and Termination
- When you first sign up for access to the Service you can evaluate the Service under the defined trial usage conditions, with no obligation to continue to use the Service. If you choose to continue using the Service thereafter, you will be billed from the day you first added your billing details into the Service or at the end of the trial period, whichever comes later.
- If you choose not to continue using the trial of the Service, you may request that your account be canceled. If you do not pay for the Service within 30 days of the trial end then the trial account will be canceled automatically.
- You are solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. A phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by emailing support.
- All of your content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- UCare, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other UCare service if you fail to comply with the Terms of Service. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- UCare reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the UCare Site (ucarehq.com) or the Service itself.
- UCare shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your content.
- UCare does not pre-screen content, but UCare and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email unless otherwise agreed with UCare.
- You understand that UCare uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, UCare, or any other UCare service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by UCare.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any UCare customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by UCare) of other UCare customers, your account will be throttled and your account manager will be notified via email. The throttle will only be removed once your bandwidth returns to within average bandwidth usage or additional bandwidth purchased.
- UCare does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that UCare shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if UCare has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of UCare to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and UCare and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and UCare (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at ucare dot com.